...IN CATTLE RESIDENT ON THE FARM
- Use only a suitable applicator
- RFID button to be inserted into the left ear and the Visual Tag into the right ear of the animal
- Both parts of the tag must display the same number
- Correct tag placement ensures better tag retention
- Check the wound after 10 days and disinfect if necessary
... IN SMALL STOCK RESIDENT ON THE FARM
Small stock are not branded, but are identified by means of group identification. What this means, is that all small stock on the farm are tagged with ear tags bearing the brand number of the owner.
Upon change of ownership, the old tag remains and the new tag is placed in the correct sequence. This method of tagging ensures that the sheep can be back traced to the farm of origin.